From Another Magazine to Vogue Magazine: Discovering Kenneth Ize; The LVMP Prize-Nominated Nigerian Fashion Designer and his Yoruba craft






When I first see Keneth Ize, I’m reading a piece from AnOther, a piece written by Hannah Tindle as a tribute to celebrate the LVMP prize-nominated fashion designer on his designing journey through Nigeria and Italy in making textiles into unforgettable stories.




I am reading AnOther and I am so sad because I just got to meet Keneth Ize so late despite him starting this journey a long time ago. Hannah Tindle seems to have had a conversation with Keneth Ize. I probably don’t know how but the way she writes sweetens my chords. Hannah’s piece on  AnOther seems to be a sort of Keneth’s biography  on wafting to fashion and craft, growing up in Australian countryside, aspiring and pursing his dream in Australia best fashion school Argewandle, graduating and moving to Nigeria to bloom more.





The few next things I learn about Keneth Ize is on Vogue, about him debuting his creativity on the Paris Fashion Week 2020. The article is written by Chioma Nnadi; a Nigerian-swizz fashion writer and news director. Chioma seems to have so many things to tell about Keneth Ize but the most fascinating thing is how she scripts the activities going on in the Paris Fashion Week as well as even stretching to talk about Keneth Ize discussion with Naomi Campbell. This same conversation I can relate to when I go to Keneth Ize’s Instagram page and find the picture of him and Noami Campbell and few other fashion creatives as they smile for the photographer I too don’t know.




Keneth Ize is currently in Lagos because of the pandemic. However, I am looking at kenneth's styles and I think he is really amazing, his style seems to be unique, I mean he is using Yoruba culture to give the world a piece of fashionable luxury; from Aso-ok to Okatu trouser, to Yaba, to Wole double breasted blazers. Keneth really does incredible outfit in a way you see Yoruba culture pyramiding and want to entertain his profit. He is just so amazing.

Comments